Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gorillas and swag

On Saturday, Pulse and I made out. It was a pretty good make out. We had just finished watching the crappy movie that we rented. Then, last night at a ward activity, I saw her there. It wasn't awkward or anything, I just didn't run up to her and start holding her hand in front of everyone. Today, I received a facebook message from her saying that she is not going to kiss me anymore until/unless we are in an established relationship. Basically, she likes me but thinks that neither of us know if we like each other enough yet to justify kissing. I really don't know how to respond to that. Should I tell her that I won't go out with her anymore unless she agrees to let the kissing continue? Should I consider her defensive stance a preemptive strike and respond accordingly by discontinuing to date her? I like Pulse but I am nowhere near entering a committed relationship with her.

Other notes: I have a date tonight with BFD. It should be interesting. We are just going to see Alice in Wonderland. I don't intend to do anything after that. I don't plan on kissing her or holding her hand during the movie but she is a bit more aggressive than I am used to. Last night I met a girl named Nascar that I would totally like to take out. She is older than me but seems way fun. I was with Cowboy, Sugarloaf and Tweak when I met her. I think Cowboy had some interest in her too though. Cowboy is sort of like lil'wayne. He just exudes swag. Girls love swag. The thing about swag is that you can't fake it. You either have it or you don't. It's like walking into a gorilla cage. If the gorilla can sense even the tiniest weakness or fear in you, it is gonna tear your head off. Girls are the same way. They can sense a fake swag and they will react violently to it.

5 comments:

  1. SWAG... ha ha. True true. And fake swag... doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Tripp,
    I have really enjoyed reading your blog today while I should be working. You have revived my interest in the Mormon dating life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should do any of the things mentioned in paragraph one. Can't you just go out with her a few more times to get to know her without committing or making out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I react violently to fake swag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should tell The Pulse that you were already going to suggest you stop kissing until she do something about her blond facial hair.

    Oh and that you can't be in a committed relationship with someone who uses kisses to trap boys into relationships. Please - she doesn't think she's THAT great at kissing does she?? If she REALLY believed she shouldn't be kissing before a relationship - why did she make out with you MORE THAN ONCE?? Unless of course she was setting a trap - which is dumb and actually - it kind of makes me laugh. Makes me think that SHE thinks she's got a little GIRL swag - and yeah ... I haven't met her(or maybe I have - who knows) but I'd bet she needs a little reality check.

    Just saying ...

    ReplyDelete