Monday, September 14, 2009

The fair is veritable smorgasboard

Catcher texted me on Friday to say that she couldn't go out with me. She said she had been looking forward to it all week but that a family situation had just escalated. It seemed legit. She suggested we reschedule for this week. I must admit, it was a bit of a letdown. I really was looking forward to running around the fair with Catcher, laughing and playing and just having tons of fun. The plan is to go to the fair with Catcher on Wednesday. Every time something gets pushed back though, the likelihood of it happening decreases. So, I am not near as excited about this Wednesday as I was for last Friday.

On Saturday, I took Giselle out on our second date. Because Catcher canceled on the fair on Friday night, I decided to take Giselle to the fair. We struggled finding a decent parking spot and ended up parking pretty far away. Giselle harassed me quite a bit about that. It was all in good fun but Giselle definitely harasses me a lot. We kinda parked in the ghetto. Not that the state fairpark has any areas around it that are not ghetto. One of the first things we did was go and see the animals. Giselle wasn't too excited to see them. She kinda thought they smelled. It was disheartening because I had planned on going with Catcher and I thought her and I were going to be running around having lots of fun. Giselle just isn't as much fun. She just didn't have an opinion on much. I would be like "what do you want to see next?" and she would say "I don't care." It got old.

Eventually, we walked through the games section. There was a carnie with darts and balloons and some bears that seemed like they might be cool for me to win for Giselle. So, I ask the carnie how much it will cost to win that bear. He hands me a dart and kinda gives me the signal like he is going to hook me up. I asked if I needed to pay him and he said no. Strange. So, I throw the dart. He says something about 2 times 2 is four, hands me another dart. I throw it, he tells me 2 times 4 is 8. Ok, great, the guy can do math. But what does it have to do with anything? Hands me another dart and says 2 times 8 is 16. I throw it and he says "done, you won the bear. That will be $16." Wait, what? $16 for the bear? Yeah, I just got hosed by a carnie. I decided that paying him $16 for a cheap bear was a better idea than getting stabbed in the back by an angry carnie so I handed over the cash. Giselle told me that I probably shouldn't be in the games section anymore.

We went to get a deep fried snickers bar. While waiting in line, some girl walks up behind me and grabs my hip. I turned expecting to see an old friend. Instead, it was an unfamiliar face. She kinda just stood there next to me, glaring at Giselle. Didn't say anything. Stood there for at least a minute, kinda close to me, like her shoulder was touching me and then just walked away. Really weird.

The date was going fairly well so I decided to take Giselle back to my house to watch a movie. We watched Just Friends. Not a super good movie. But, we cuddled on the couch. Definitely felt more of a connection with Giselle after cuddling with her. Took her home. Decided to not try and kiss her. Overall, the date was ok. Nothing great but nothing horrible. I think I will take her out again within a week or so.

Other notes: Went to FHE tonight and met a girl, 18 which I know is way young. But very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment