Friday, July 17, 2009

Nice to know you.... Goodbye!

Ariel and I went to Incubus last night. I like some Incubus songs but I have never really cared that much about them. Such was the concert. I sang along to some of the songs, the ones I knew. I kinda wished they would have played the song "I miss you" cause it is my favorite of theirs but they didn't. Once we got there, we met up with Ariels' friend Jen and a couple other guys and girls. They were all drinking and living it up. Within two minutes of meeting up with them, they offered Ariel a taste of their beer and she accepted it with no hesitation. It made me really uncomfortable. I have been around plenty of people drinking, including plenty of really good friends. But it just made everything so awkward. Such was the night.

After the concert, we drove back to Ariel's car. She then decided to tell me that she didn't think she should go to the Demolition Derby with me. She said she liked me but she was just so emotionally unavailable right now and she didn't want to lead me on. It hurt. I mean, I expected it but that doesn't mean I wanted it to happen. I guess our lifestyles are just not really compatible anyway. I am struggling to build my testimony and she seems fairly content to let hers' drown.

Side notes: An ex-girlfriend called me last night to talk during the concert. She has been married for several years but I think she is struggling with it and missing me. I told her to stay with her husband. A friend of mine from a different ward a few years ago has been telling me lately that she wants to settle down with me. She is an attractive little Russian girl that is kind of a gold-digger. If I were to hook up with her, she would certainly bleed me dry. She says she will get her life straightened out and marry me in the temple, as long as it's the San Diego Temple.

1 comment:

  1. you'll be better for this. and what the crazy girls calling you...i think it's time to change your phone number.

    ReplyDelete