Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Style Points

I haven't made any huge life decisions about cars or dogs yet. I have been thinking about cars a lot lately today and odds are I am going to keep the same car that I have. When I bought it, I thought that girls were going to go crazy over it (or at the very least, give me style points for it) but I was wrong. It's really just a way to get from point A to point B.

As for the dog, Milo kept reminding me of how large the feces would be for a large dog. He thinks I should get a much smaller dog. Then again, he doesn't think I should get a dog at all. I work a lot and I mostly worry about a dog having social issues because no one is around the house. Even with the four of us living there, the house is unoccupied more than 50% of the time. I certainly don't want to become like my grandparents (they each base their entire schedule around their dumb dogs - it's an excuse to leave early for everything "Gotta go take care of the dog." I wanna just scream "It's only a stupid dog, it's not as important as this event." But I don't.).

Last week at church, I met two new girls Tweedledee (Dee) and Tweedledum (Dum). They are these two besties forever crazy girls. We went bowling on Friday night. I made a bet with Dee that the loser of bowling had to run naked around the outside of my house later that night. She lost. We decided to blow up pumpkins at my house using dry ice bombs. So I ran by the store and bought some dry ice. It was a disaster. 1 in the morning in my residential neighborhood and we are outside trying to blow up pumpkins. Only on the third attempt did we have any success (a loud boom much like the shot from a gun - the pumpkin still didn't blow up). We ran back inside and I started realizing how dumb the whole thing was. If the cops showed up, I would be the one to take the blame because a) I own the home, b) I won't lie to the cops and c) I instigated the whole thing. KJo and my new friend Rogen were there too. They saw my vulnerability and started pretending like the cops were outside snooping around. I was so nervous. Of course it was all just a joke (thankfully) but I had nightmares that night about it.

The next day, Milo and Dee and Dum and I went to the soccer game. It was kind of a date but it was obvious early on that Milo did not approve of Dee or Dum. A direct quote from Milo "These girls aren't cute enough for you." He acted sick and I ended up with the two girls watching a movie. They both seem interested in me, but in a weird kind of way. It's just asking for trouble to hang out with these two girls. For instance, on Monday I texted Dum a few times and then she told Dee that I had been texting her (and not Dum) all day and so Dum was pissed at me. Instant drama, just add water. I had a bit of interest in Dum up until that point. Now I have zero interest in dating either of them.

The online dating thing has produced a few prospects. There was one girl that I had even set up a date with. She had one picture that was very cute. Then she posted about 5 more pictures and she wasn't as cute in any of them. Now I kind of feel a bit committed. I have to keep reminding myself that dating is not charity. Nobody is entitled to a chance. Still, I feel really bad canceling on her now. Overall, online dating has been less effective.

I still talk to MrShit regularly. She is coming back to the USA in January. I still talk to House all the time too. We went on a date last week. There just isn't much to report there.

5 comments:

  1. I'll say it again- you listen to too many people's (Milo) opinions regarding girls. It sounds like the latest flavors of the week sound ridiculous anyway. Let me guess- they are 20 or 21 right? Your choice of activities took me back to senior year of high school or freshmen year of college. You know how old you are right? It sounds like you realized how immature it was. I'm disappointed with the lack of info regarding house. I hope you aren't going to just phase her out slowly like you do so many other girls. You know that would be rotten. But something about the whole thing is slightly strange. Usually you would have gotten rid of her or phased her out much quicker then you have. Is there a reason for this or are you subconsciously in love with her and don't want to let her go? I looked her up on facebook and I felt sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women don't care about cars. Really. We do care about dogs. But, don't get a dog and then neglect it -- that would be a big strike against you.

    Maybe you need to get something more independent, like a cat. Not a hairless cat, though; they're creepy.

    Best,

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tripp,
    I have to say it because I've been thinking it for so long: You seem rushed and frustrated and cranky and antsy. I really feel like you'd be much happier if you didn't put so much pressure on yourself in the dating situation. Are you really that eager to get married? Or are you lonely? Are you stringing House along just because of this lonliness, because she'll come when you call? Maybe it's time to spend some time alone, being all introspective and selfish, and trying to realize that you really can be happy with yourself. At that point you'll meet the hot, fun, focused, driven, romantic, wonderful girl you've always wanted. And you'll be ready for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. major dead end with those two, huh?
    i think its time to shake things up a bit. no more dating girls who will go for blowing up pumpkins with dry ice bombs. craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to meet tweedle dee and tweedle dum if you don't mind. I have to say I pretty much agree with Miss A 98%. Let's just forget about girls. We need to focus on our own lives and what makes us truly happy. I know you'll say, 'but littlebrother, girls make me happy' and I'll say, dang it big bro, you're right... It's true that girls can help us forget all of the other crappy things in our lives, but I think we're dealing with the classic example of the chicken vs. the egg. You might think that finding a girl will solve all of your problems, and you might be right. When you're in love, everything else comes easily. But I think you should focus on figuring out who you are as a person and how you can become the best person possible, and then the girls will follow. If they see you trying to focus on improving your life in ways other than women, they will see this as very attractive. This is just my theory, and I'm still trying to implement it in my own life. Anyway, see you in a few days.

    ReplyDelete