Monday, October 24, 2011

The Wonder Years

I haven't been dating. So what have I been doing with all that extra free time? Watching The Wonder Years on Netflix.

It's amazing how much emotion I feel while watching that show. In some ways, it's actually a bit awkward. As I watch Winnie and Kevin interact, I sometimes wanna scream at the tv because they are always playing mind games with each other. The other night, I swear it, I cried just a little. I loved that show growing up and watching it all now brings a wave of nostalgia. Confession: I had a super crush on Winnie Cooper growing up. I always thought her and Kevin would end up together. I still remember the way I felt when I watched that final episode for the first time. A part of my hope for ever finding someone died when I found out that Winnie Cooper and Kevin Arnold did not end up together.

2 comments:

  1. I remember thinking he was the luckiest guy in the world when I watched the episode where they both fell asleep on the couch (I think with his or her parents gone?) and ended up spending the night together. Not that anything else happened. Maybe it's the sucker in me, but at that moment I wanted to be Kevin Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think i ever saw an entire episode of that show, but i get what you mean. ride out this break and start dating again. of course you may not throw this advice back at me. i am not dating either. :D

    ReplyDelete