Monday, January 10, 2011

We watched the Bachelor, well sorta

On Wednesday night, TAB and I went out. Well, sorta. I met her at her house and we watched the Bachelor. Well, sorta. See, TAB wanted to watch the Bachelor but then when we started watching it, she got really frustrated with it and didn't want to watch it anymore. So we switched to Modern Family. I don't really watch that much tv but it was a fun show to watch. TAB was being pretty obnoxious though. For some reason, I think she was trying to push my buttons. The thing is, with how stressed I have been at work lately, I was feeling particularly patient putting up with her shenanigans. Still, TAB acted like a spoiled 15 year old girl. We ended up kissing but I left wondering what it was that I saw in TAB. I didn't have lots of fun with her; if anything watching tv with her reminded me of watching tv with Jasmine.

On Thursday, I went to the wedding reception of House's brother. House had invited me and I was glad I went. I had fun just sitting and talking with House. On Friday, I had another date with TAB. After dinner, TAB said that she was tired and had to get up early the next morning so I took her to her house. I haven't quite got TAB figured out. She has the attention span of a 5 year old. She might like me a lot one minute and not like me at all the next minute.

On Sunday, House and I went to dinner with my family at my grandma's house. It was a lot of fun. House is just super chill with people. Compared to some of the other girls I have dated, of course my family is going to like House. Still, House handled it like a charm. We had fun playing with my cousins on the wii. Still, I couldn't help but think about what an older gentleman in my family ward had told me earlier that day. "But what if I don't know if she is the right one?" I asked. "Then she isn't and you should leave her and move on," was his reply.

TAB texted me on Sunday night to say she didn't think she could date me because, she said she is "really hestitant about things with you. I don't want to string you along. I don't know what to do..." Then 10 minutes later she said "I'm in a strange place and need to take it slow... but I want to see you. I'm annoying, huh?" Today she texted me and said "Let's try to get together and we'll play it by ear?" I didn't respond. The whole thing is just weird.

4 comments:

  1. it is weird and it sounds like she wants to put you on the back burner. not a good place to be at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Tab is stuck as an 18 year old. Or is she really that old? I think you should stop wasting your time with her. Your church friend sounds stupid. I think you worry too much about finding THE ONE. There is more then one right person out there for you. And by right person I do not mean perfect person. I mean someone like you can be yourself with and who makes you happy. It sounds like you are just paranoid about marrying the wrong person, so you are kind of stuck and things can't progress. Why don't you pray about it and see how you feel. I think that God will let you know if something is wrong or bad if you have faith. If you are expecting fireworks and a huge banner saying She's the One! you aren't going to get it. But to walk away from someone great just because you're not sure she's the one is silly. You need to stop listening to everyone else but yourself and God, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who this 'older gentleman' is, but the line about move on just because you don't know she's right for you is B.S. That doesn't make any sense. You should move on if you know she's *not* right, like with TAB.

    Also, even though I just gave you advice, I decided when Kensey and I were dating that I wasn't going to listen to anyone's advice, because ultimately I was the only one that had to live with my decision (no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get you. You just can't see what is right in front of you - this girl that you connect with, enjoy talking with, that is so accepting of everyone - especially YOU, isn't right? Open your eyes and quit thinking there is a right ONE. There isn't and there may or may not be fireworks. Look farther ahead to what is really important; the things I said above.

    ReplyDelete