Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Shop of Horrors

On Saturday, I went on the date with Anniversary. I picked her up a little after 6. It's actually been 2 years since I last saw her. I will admit that I wasn't smitten by her looks. She is a cute girl and I think she is very pretty but I am more attracted to her personality than I am to her looks. Anniversary reminds me so much of a girl I went to high school. Super fun loving and extra talkative. I think perhaps the right word would be spunk. Anniversary has lots of spunk. We went to dinner and there wasn't a dull moment in the conversation. We had lots to talk about. Anniversary is a very religious girl but unlike lots of other super duper religious girls, Anniversary doesn't make me kinda feel like I want to be a bit rebellious. Instead, around her I want to be a better person. Probably the biggest reason I don't date super duper religious girls is because of this. So I was pleasantly surprised that I felt motivated to be better around Anniversary.

Little Shop of Horrors was pretty funny. It's a really dorky play to begin with. But I know that Anniversary had fun and I definitely had fun. Some of the music numbers in it are pretty good and some are pretty bad. After the play, Anniversary and I went back to the same restaurant where we had dinner to get dessert. Kinda random but I thought it would be fun. The dessert was excellent. Again, the conversation went really well. We didn't really bring up the fact that she had just turned in her mission papers. Then I took her home. The date ended early, probably around 10:30. There was a brief hug and I said goodnight and took off. She texted me about 30 minutes later to say "Dearest Tripp - thanks so much for driving down here. It was so good to see you. I had fun tonight." I responded with "Dearest Anniversary. Tonight was fun. Little shop of horrors was good. Let me know if you want to do it again (no pressure)"

The next day I received a text from Anniversary saying "hey i'm so sorry for not responding - my phone died last night. It would be fun to do something again - let me know next time you are in town."
The next time I am in town? Ok, she lives about 40 minutes away from me. But it isnt exactly the type of situation where I will buzz there on business or something. I drove down for our date and thats exactly what I would do if we went on another date. I had my reservations about this one and now, I am kinda wondering how much more effort to put into it. I mean, she is probably moving home in 4 weeks and probably leaving on her mission in a few months. So, if we are going to fall in love, it would have to be in the next four weeks. I will be gone all next week and she will have finals for one week. Logistically it just doesnt seem likely. Should i ask her out again for this week and see if anything comes from it? Or refocus my efforts elsewhere?

Side notes: Nomad has been texting me like crazy. I think after two dates, a text rejection makes plenty of sense. That way I can be direct without having to see her again. I feel really bad about it. I definitely dont want to hurt her feelings. She just isn't right for me and I know it. It's a lot better than dragging it out for a few more weeks right?

No comments:

Post a Comment